UC3 Dash Service Update: August 2014
UC3 Dash is a systemwide service we are developing in partnership with UC campus libraries. It will allow UC campuses to provide an easy-to-use solution for the effective curation of and access to campus research data. Dash is a centralized UC3-hosted service, with campus-specific branded instances. Dash began as a project with UCSF Library and UCSF CTSI, called “DataShare” (http://datashare.ucsf.edu/).
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- UC Code Camp. Dash was a featured topic at the first UC Code Camp, held in Oakland on August 27-28. More information and notes from the meeting are available on the website: http://cdluc3.github.io/UC-code-camp/. Read the Data Pub blog post summarizing the event.
- Dash UI Improvements. Visual improvements are in progress for the Dash interface, including implementing a redesign of the home page and additional improvements to the look and feel of the application. We are also finding and fixing bugs via internal testing of the system. We hope to be ready for the first Dash launch in September.
- Dash Meeting. The in-person meeting for campus partners interested in Dash will be held at UCLA on September 25, 2014. The goal of the meeting will be to discuss the current status of the project and to determine how best to proceed with the governance and decision-making for Dash as a systemwide service. If you are interested in attending, please contact us at email@example.com. More information on the meeting is available at https://github.com/CDLUC3/dash/wiki/Dash-Meeting-25-Sept-2014.
- Dash Github Repository. We are continuing to add information to the project’s Github repository wiki. It’s publicly available to anyone without any login necessary, https://github.com/CDLUC3/dash/wiki. New feature requests and questions have been added to the Github issue tracker: https://github.com/CDLUC3/dash/issues.
Dash Service Description
Dash is a new, easy-to-use solution for the effective curation of and access to campus research data.
Dash Service Manager
- Carly Strasser firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please send any questions or general correspondence to email@example.com.