EZID Service Update: August 2014
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- The EZID Team introduced the long-awaited suffix-passthrough feature for ARK identifiers. Suffix- passthrough greatly reduces the management burden for large datasets. To learn more see http://cdlib.org/2014/08/19/suffixpassthru/. And for the more detailed information and working samples look here: https://confluence.ucop.edu/display/DataCite/Suffix+Passthrough+Explained.
- DataCite and Thomson Reuters announced an agreement with regard to indexing DataCite metadata for the Data Citation Index. The collaboration will promote the discovery of research data sets registered with DataCite DOIs. Read the full announcement here: http://www.datacite.org/node/135.
- California Digital Library and CrossRef announced an agreement that opens a route for EZID’s library publishers and other non-profit clients to submit CrossRef metadata for open-access publications via EZID and then take advantage of CrossRef’s services. These include search and discovery, persistent linking, tracking of funding and licensing information, text and data mining, and more. Read the full press release here: http://www.crossref.org/01company/pr/news080514.html. For FAQs about the EZID service follow this link: https://confluence.ucop.edu/display/DataCite/CrossRef+Service+FAQs.
- CDL’s Carly Strasser spoke at the DataCite Summer Conference in Nancy, France, hosted by DataCite’s French member INIST. Carly’s slides from the presentation are here: http://www.slideshare.net/carlystrasser/cdl-tools-for-datacite-2014.
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and commercial entities. For the full list, see http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/client_list.
New this period:
- Center for Research in Computational Linguistics (CRCL) http://sealang.net
- National Museum of Natural History (NMNH) http://collections.nmnh.si.edu
EZID Service Description
EZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
EZID Service Manager
Joan Starr contact
EZID Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
More information about EZID is available by contacting us. See also EZID outreach and webinars: http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/outreach.
Service Monitoring and Availability
For information about EZID status, please consider the following options:
- API inquiries; see the API documentation here: http://ezid.cdlib.org/doc/apidoc.html#server-status
- The CDL System Status page here: http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html
- The EZID Status Blog: http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/
- The EZID RSS Feed (from the blog): http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/feed/