UC3 Dash Service Update: June 2014
UC3 Dash is a systemwide service we are developing in partnership with UC campus libraries. It will allow UC campuses to provide an easy-to-use solution for the effective curation of and access to campus research data. Dash is a centralized UC3-hosted service, with campus-specific branded instances. Dash began as a project with UCSF Library and UCSF CTSI, called “DataShare” (http://datashare.ucsf.edu/).
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Improvements underway for the Dash interface include a redesign of the home page, improved tool tips for metadata entry, and general visual improvements to the look and feel of the application. We are also finding and fixing bugs via internal testing of the system.
- The in-person meeting for campus partners interested in Dash will be held at UCLA on September 25, 2014. The goal of the meeting will be to discuss the current status of the project and to determine how best to proceed with the governance and decision-making for Dash as a systemwide service. If you are interested in attending, please contact us at email@example.com.
- We need data to populate Dash before it goes live! If your campus is planning on implementing a Dash instance, start seeking out data providers now. We can work with them individually to get their data published before your campus Dash instance is implemented.
- The conversation around licenses and waivers for data within Dash is ongoing. Members of the UC3 Dash team met with UCOP General Council to discuss issues around data and the potential effects of the data guidelines they are currently drafting. Read more and contribute to the conversation at https://github.com/CDLUC3/dash/issues/19. More information on data use and sharing agreements for Dash is available at https://github.com/CDLUC3/dash/wiki/Agreements.
- We are continuing to add information to the project’s Github repository wiki (https://github.com/CDLUC3/dash/wiki). It’s publicly available to anyone without login. New feature requests and questions have been added to the Github issue tracker: https://github.com/CDLUC3/dash/issues.
Dash Service Description
Dash is a new, easy-to-use solution for the effective curation of and access to campus research data.
Dash Service Manager
- Carly Strasser firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us with any questions or general correspondence.