EZID Service Update: June 2014
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- After consultation with groups of EZID clients, including UC campus representatives, non-UC EZID clients, and internal CDL clients, the EZID team prepared our 2014-15 roadmap, which is now available for review: https://confluence.ucop.edu/display/DataCite/EZID+Roadmap+2014-15.
We thank all of those who participated in the priority-setting events.
- The DataCite Summer Conference is now open for registration. This year, the conference will be held in Nancy, France, hosted by DataCite’s French member INIST. The conference dates (25-26 August 2014) follow the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) meeting in Lyon. For full details, see the conference site: http://datacite.inist.fr/.
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and commercial entities. For the full list, see http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/client_list.
New this period:
- Princeton University Library http://library.princeton.edu/
- The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service http://www.fws.gov/southwest/
- University of Cincinnati Libraries http://libraries.uc.edu/
EZID Service Description
EZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
EZID Service Manager
Joan Starr contact
EZID Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
More information about EZID is available by contacting us. See also EZID outreach and webinars: http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/outreach.
Service Monitoring and Availability
Since June 25, 2010, EZID has had an uptime performance of 99.9%. Check the CDL system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.