UC3 Dash Service Update: May 2014
UC3 Dash is a systemwide service we are developing in partnership with UC campus libraries. It will allow UC campuses to provide an easy-to-use solution for the effective curation of and access to campus research data. Dash is a centralized UC3-hosted service, with campus-specific branded instances. Dash began as a project with UCSF Library and UCSF CTSI, called “DataShare” (http://datashare.ucsf.edu/).
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- We are still working closely with UC Berkeley to get the first instance of CDL-hosted Dash up and running. Stay tuned for more updates!
- We are continuing to add information to the project’s Github repository wiki. It’s publicly available to anyone without any login necessary, https://github.com/CDLUC3/dash/wiki. New information includes:
- Draft text for policies associated with Dash; see: http://github.com/CDLUC3/dash/wiki/policies.
- Draft agreements specifying the use of CC-BY as a basis for all data use and submission agreements; see: http://github.com/CDLUC3/dash/wiki/agreements.
- New feature requests and questions have been added to the Github issue tracker: https://github.com/CDLUC3/dash/issues.
- We are in the process of planning an in-person meeting for campus partners interested in Dash. The goal of the meeting will be to discuss the current status of the project and to determine how best to proceed with the governance and decision-making for Dash as a systemwide service. If you are interested in attending, please contact us.
Dash Service Description
DASH is a new, easy-to-use solution for the effective curation of and access to campus research data.
Dash Service Manager
- Carly Strasser email@example.com
- Please contact us with any questions or general correspondence.