DMPTool Service Update: May 2014
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Launch! We launched the new version of the DMPTool (at dmptool.org), first to institutional administrators on May 19, and then to the general public on May 29. In case you missed all the hoopla, the new DMPTool provides much more support for institutional customizations, as well as an improved user interface for researchers. You can read more about the new DMPTool here:
- New URL. The first thing you’ll notice is the change to the URL. The DMPTool is now available at https://dmptool.org. The old URL, https://dmp.cdlib.org, is used by UC to promote data management within the University of California.
- Old version. The old version of the DMPTool is still available at https://v1.dmptool.org. We’re keeping the old version available for a short period. Researchers working on a plan can continue to edit the plan in the old interface, but they won’t be able to create new plans. New plans can only be created in the new version.
- Documentation, Help, Outreach Materials. As part of the release, we have a new documentation, with help guides and outreach materials.
- There’s a video: https://dmptool.org/video
- And help guides for administrators: https://github.com/CDLUC3/dmptool/wiki/Help-for-Administrators
- And promotional materials: https://dmptool.org/promote
- A place to report problems: https://github.com/CDLUC3/dmptool/issues
- And an FAQ: http://ask.dmptool.org/questions/
All of these are linked from the DMPTool.
There are now 117 participating institutions that have either configured their campus single-signon or customized the DMPTool for their users. There are participating organizations in 41 states and the District of Columbia; California leads all states with 20 participating organizations. A map of all participating organizations is available here: http://bit.ly/L85sKj.
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
DMPTool Service Managers
- Perry Willett email@example.com
- Carly Strasser firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trisha Cruse email@example.com
Please contact us with any questions or general correspondence. Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact.
DMPTool Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
Documentation and outreach materials: https://github.com/CDLUC3/dmptool/wiki
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.