HathiTrust – May 2014 Update
Highlights from HathiTrust’s May update:
- HathiTrust released a statement on the Authors Guild v. HathiTrust Appeal Ruling.
- The HathiTrust Research Center released a new dataset, consisting of page-level features extracted from a quarter of a million volumes.
- Interest in ingesting locally digitized content into HathiTrust continues to grow, and a number of member libraries have initiated the process to do so.
- Two UC librarians are serving on the new Print Monographs Archive Planning Task Force: Erik Mitchell from UC Berkeley and Emily Stambaugh from CDL.
- The Program Steering Committee (PSC) is reviewing HathiTrust’s use of automated quality metrics provided by Google to filter potentially poor quality volumes from being ingested. The PSC will soon appoint a task force to assess this issue and make recommendations.
- The Board of Governors approved the first annual HathiTrust Membership Meeting to be held in Washington, DC on October 10.
- The University of California contributed 5,876 volumes in May for an overall total of 3,500,120.
Click to read the entire HathiTrust update.