DMPTool Service Update: April 2014
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- We’re very close to launching the new version of the DMPTool – May 19 for administrators and May 29 for all users! A schedule of the upcoming releases and changes to the DMPTool are available here: http://blog.dmptool.org/switch/
- More information on how institutional administrators can test the new version can be found here: http://blog.dmptool.org/administrative-release/. As always, watch the blog for more information – http://blog.dmptool.org/.
- We will hold 2 webinars for institutional administrators in May to walk through the new interface, on May 14 and May 21. More info, including registration form, here:
- May 14: (https://cc.readytalk.com/r/i6t4t5trktr3&eom)
- May 21: (https://cc.readytalk.com/r/m3g41ynhrt52&eom)
- There is a new location for documentation, help text and outreach materials: https://github.com/CDLUC3/dmptool/wiki
- We’ve also created a new video to promote the DMPTool. It’s available on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/82408192. Feel free to use and link to any of the documentation and the video as part of your local outreach.
- The DMPTool continues to get a great deal of use, with April 2014 one of our biggest months to date. We had almost 400 new users in April, and there were 350 new plans created.
There are now 115 participating institutions that have either configured their campus single sign-on or customized the DMPTool for their users. There are participating organizations in 40 states and the District of Columbia; California leads all states with 20 participating organizations. A map of all participating organizations is available here: http://bit.ly/L85sKj.
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
DMPTool Service Managers
- Perry Willett firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carly Strasser email@example.com
- Trisha Cruse firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us with any questions or general correspondence. Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact.
DMPTool Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
Documentation and outreach materials: https://github.com/CDLUC3/dmptool/wiki
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.