DMPTool Service Update: July-September 2013
- Development status: You can follow our progress on the wiki at: https://bitbucket.org/dmptool/main/wiki/DMPTool2Project.
- DMPTool webinar series: We held 3 webinars in July and 2 in August, with guest speakers:
- Joan Starr (CDL) on promoting institutional services with the DMPTool;
- Lisa Federer (UCLA) on health sciences and data management;
- Miriam Posner (UCLA) on digital humanities and the DMPTool;
- Jake Carlson (Purdue) on data curation profiles and the DMPTool.
The slides and recordings, as well as the schedule of upcoming webinars, are available here:
- We added support for Institute of Education Sciences grants (US Dept of Education) and the Joint Fire Science Program.
- There were over 700 data management plans created in July-September, and 834 new users. There are a total of over 6,500 registered users from over 800 institutions, who have created over 5,500 data management plans.
- Presentations on the new developments in the DMPTool will be given at the HubZero Conference at Purdue in September and the Digital Library Federation Forum in Austin TX in November.
- UC use, 2011-present:
|Campus||Unique users||Total plans|
|UC Santa Barbara||50||42|
|UC Santa Cruz||46||49|
|UC San Diego||150||206|
|UC San Francisco||15||16|
There are now 101 participating institutions that have either configured their campus single-signon or customized the DMPTool for their users. There are participating organizations in 38 states and the District of Columbia; California leads all states with 19 participating organizations. A map of all participating organizations is available here: http://bit.ly/L85sKj.
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
DMPTool Service Managers
- Perry Willett firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carly Strasser email@example.com
- Trisha Cruse firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send any questions or general correspondence to email@example.com. Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact.
DMPTool Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
Help Guide: (https://dmp.cdlib.org/help/guide).
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.