DataUp Service Update: May 2013
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Strasser presented on DataUp for the Helmholtz Open Access Webinar Series on May 6 and May 14. The presentation is available at http://oa.helmholtz.de/index.php?id=309 – c2231.
- Strasser presented on DataUp for the Council on Library and Information Resources Symposium (webinar, May 14). Slides are available at http://www.slideshare.net/carlystrasser/clir-synchronous-session-dataup.
- The DataUp group is in conversations with potential funders about the next round of development for DataUp.
DataUp Service Description
The DataUp add-in and web application help researchers organize, manage, archive, and share their tabular data. The major functionality of both tools is to guide researchers through the following:
- Carry out a best practices check to determine if there are issues present that might make use or interpretation of the data difficult
- Create metadata in standardized EML (Ecological Metadata Language) format
- Describe the attributes (i.e. columns) of the dataset in standard EML format
- Obtain a unique identifier for the dataset
- Generate a data citation
- Post the data and associated metadata to a data repository
DataUp Service Manager
DataUp Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
The most current DataUp information is on the website (http://dataup.cdlib.org). This includes frequently asked questions and instructions on accessing and using DataUp. Other relevant sites include the code site (https://bitbucket.org/dataup/main) and the web application site (http://dataup.org).