DMPTool Webinar Series
The California Digital Library received a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) last year to develop education and outreach materials for librarians surrounding the DMPTool, a service that helps researchers create and manage data management plans. As part of this grant, the DMPTool Partners are running a DMPTool Webinar series that will cover topics related to data curation, data management, and using the DMPTool to promote these topics.
Check here for the webinar schedule & information (updated frequently): (http://blogs.library.ucla.edu/dmptool/webinar-series/)
A few things to note:
- The first webinar will be on Tuesday, May 28. We plan to present on Tuesdays, with current plans for ~15 webinars. The series will go into Fall 2013.
- All webinars will be recorded and made available for viewing afterward.
- The webinar schedule depends on presenters’ availability (hence the TBD dates).
- We are always interested in new webinar ideas; please send them to Carly Strasser (email@example.com) or leave them as a comment on the webinar page.
- We plan to collect these webinars and make them available as a set. We then hope to create a short course in Data Management with the DMPTool that will offer certification for librarians as “DMPTool Experts” –we are still working on the title!
Please circulate widely – the webinar series for anyone interested in promoting and/or using the DMPTool!