Merritt Service Update: March 2013
- An updated roadmap summarizing our 2013 development priorities for Merritt is now available on the UC3 Curation Wiki: http://bit.ly/16O0hGK
- We are continuing work towards migrating the backend Merritt server environment from physical servers to Virtual Machines (VM). All UCOP services are moving to VMs, and we believe that this will result in more stable services. We expect this work to be complete in June 2013.
- We are continuing to work on enhancements to Merritt’s underlying infrastructure, including:
- migrating collections from the legacy Digital Preservation Repository (DPR) to Merritt
- transitioning storage from UCOP Data Center to San Diego Supercomputer Center’s Cloud Storage Service
- We have two new options for email notification of Merritt submissions. The first is a comma separated values (CSV) file. CSV files can be easily imported into Microsoft Excel for manipulation and analysis. The other format is a more enduser‐friendly text message. Please contact us at email@example.com if you’re interested in more information, or want to begin receiving notifications in these new formats.
- We now include a “readme.txt” file in the ZIP container file that explains where to find the data. Since we include system files and other content not originally submitted by the curator as part of the download, some users reported having trouble finding the actual data.
Merritt Service Description
Merritt is a production level service that provides the UC community with an easy to use tool to manage, archive, and share their content. Content can be deposited and managed via a user-interface or an API.
Merritt Service Managers
Please send any questions or general correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Merritt Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.