DMPTool Service Update: February 2013
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- We held two project meetings in February to discuss the grants we received from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation and IMLS. A blogpost at the DMPTool blog describes the meetings, and links to reports and other information:
- DMTool has set up Facebook and Twitter accounts; consider following to stay informed. Facebook: (http://on.fb.me/YLvVD0) and Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheDMPTool.
- On Thursday February 28 at 1:29 PM (PT), there was a general UCOP (UC Office of the President) network outage which impacted connectivity for CDL operations and services including the DMPTool. At 2:33 PM, we received word from the UCOP systems office that the UCOP network was coming back online. A second interruption occurred around 3 PM, although that outage was resolved within a few minutes.This outage did not have any effect on data management plans already created. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns about this network outage.
There are now more than 80 partner institutions that have either configured their campus single-signon or customized the DMPTool for their users. There are participating organizations in 34 states and the District of Columbia; California leads all states with 18 participating organizations. A map of all participating organizations is available here: http://bit.ly/L85sKj.
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
DMPTool Service Managers
- Perry Willett email@example.com
- Carly Strasser firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send any questions or general correspondence to email@example.com. Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact.
DMPTool Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
Help Guide: (https://dmp.cdlib.org/help/guide)
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.