EZID Service Update: January 2013
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- EZID’s Outreach Materials were updated with new content including a professionally designed flyer and an EZID poster for use at events and conferences. These join the EZID postcard on the EZID Outreach page (http://n2t.net/ezid/home/outreach). All these items are customizable with your contact information for local outreach activities.
- EZID published an updated Roadmap of Enhancements and Developments (https://wiki.ucop.edu/display/Curation/EZID+Enhancements+and+Developments) for 2013. You are invited to send questions and suggestions to email@example.com.
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and a commercial entity. Bolded entries are new additions since our last update.
- UC Berkeley Library (on behalf of the UC Berkeley campus)
- UC Irvine Libraries (on behalf of the UC Irvine campus)
- UC Los Angeles Library (on behalf of the UC LA campus)
- UC Merced Library (on behalf of the UC Merced campus)
- UC Riverside (on behalf of the UC Riverside campus)
- UC San Diego Library (on behalf of the UC San Diego campus)
- UC San Francisco Library (on behalf of the UC San Francisco campus)
- UC Santa Cruz Library (on behalf of the UC Santa Cruz campus)
- UC Santa Barbara Library (on behalf of the UC Santa Barbara campus)
- American Astronomical Society http://www.aas.org
- Bay Area Environmental Research Institute http://baeri.org/
- Centre national de documentation pédagogique http://www.cndp.fr/
- Cornell Institute for Social and Economic Research http://ciser.cornell.edu/
- Data Planet http://www.conquestsystems.com
- The Digital Archaeological Record (tDAR) http://www.tdar.org
- Digital-Science http://www.digital-science.com
- Dryad Data Repository http://datadryad.org
- Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)’s Commons http://commons.esipfed.org/
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center http://www.fhcrc.org
- Harte Research Institute at Texas A&M, Corpus Christi http://www.harteresearchinstitute.org/
- Johns Hopkins University Sheridan Libraries (on behalf of the JHU Data Management Services and Data Archive) http://dmp.data.jhu.edu
- LabArchives http://www.labarchives.com/
- Long Term Ecological Research Network (LTER) Office
- National Atmospheric and Space Administration (NASA)’s Goddard Space Flight Center http://earthdata.nasa.gov/
- The National Center for Atmospheric Research http://ncar.ucar.edu
- The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) http://www.noaa.gov/
- The National Snow and Ice Data Center http://nsidc.org/
- Oregon Health Sciences University Library (on behalf of the OHSU campus) http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/education/library/
- Qualitative Data Repository, CQRM http://www.maxwell.syr.edu/moynihan/cqrm/About_CQRM/
- Rolling Deck to Repository (R2R) Program http://www.rvdata.us/
- Rutgers University Libraries http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/
- UNAVCO http://www.unavco.org/
- Université Claude Bernard Lyon Library http://www.univ-lyon1.fr/
- University of Massachusetts Amherst Libraries (on behalf of the UMass Amherst campus)
- University of Oregon Libraries (on behalf of the UO campus) http://libweb.uoregon.edu/
- University of Tennessee Library (on behalf of the UTK campus) http://lib.utk.edu/
- University of Utah Library (on behalf of the entire University of Utah campus)
- University of Washington Libraries http://www.lib.washington.edu/
- USGS/Earth Sciences Data Clearinghouse (formerly National Biological Info. Infrastructure)
- Washington State University Libraries (on behalf of the WSU campus) http://www.wsulibs.wsu.edu/
EZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
EZID Service Manager
Joan Starr firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
EZID Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
More information about EZID is available by sending an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. See also EZID outreach and webinars: (http://n2t.net/ezid/home/outreach).
Service Monitoring and Availability
Since June 25, 2010, EZID has had an uptime performance of 99.9%. Check the CDL system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.