EZID Service Update: November/December 2012
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- At DataCite’s General Assembly meeting this year in Cologne, EZID was honored with the 2012 Gold Award for assigning more than 250,000 DOIs (digital object identifiers) in one year. This reflects EZID’s growth in 2012, as well as the hard work of our clients and the team here at California Digital Library. More information is available here.
- On Sunday, December 2, we implemented metadata requirements for DOIs. These mirror the DataCite requirements that were to go into effect as of 12/31/12. During the month of November, clients had the opportunity to test the upcoming changes in the EZID staging environment and the EZID team provided support for large and/or complicated metadata changes.
- EZID Service Manager Joan Starr and other University of California Curation Center (UC3) colleagues held two 2-day workshops Nov 8-9 in Oakland and Nov 13-14 in Irvine. The workshops introduced library staff to basic data curation concepts, presented the challenges and solutions involved in delivering data curation services, provided information about UC3’s tools and services, and shared campus solutions and approaches to data curation services. 100 participants attended the workshops.
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and a commercial entity. Bolded entries are new additions since our last update.
- UC Berkeley Library (on behalf of the UC Berkeley campus)
- UC Irvine Libraries (on behalf of the UC Irvine campus)
- UC Los Angeles Library (on behalf of the UC LA campus)
- UC Merced Library (on behalf of the UC Merced campus)
- UC Riverside (on behalf of the UC Riverside campus)
- UC San Diego Library (on behalf of the UC San Diego campus)
- UC San Francisco Library (on behalf of the UC San Francisco campus)
- UC Santa Cruz Library
- UC Santa Barbara Library (on behalf of the UC Santa Barbara campus)
- American Astronomical Society http://www.aas.org
- Centre national de documentation pédagogique http://www.cndp.fr/
- Cornell Institute for Social and Economic Research http://ciser.cornell.edu/
- Data Planet http://www.conquestsystems.com
- The Digital Archaeological Record (tDAR) http://www.tdar.org
- Digital-Science http://www.digital-science.com
- Dryad Data Repository http://datadryad.org
- Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)’s Commons http://commons.esipfed.org/
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center http://www.fhcrc.org
- Harte Research Institute at Texas A&M, Corpus Christi http://www.harteresearchinstitute.org/
- Johns Hopkins University Sheridan Libraries (on behalf of the JHU Data Management Services and Data Archive) http://dmp.data.jhu.edu
- LabArchives http://www.labarchives.com/
- Long Term Ecological Research Network (LTER) Office
- National Atmospheric and Space Administration (NASA)’s Goddard Space Flight Center http://earthdata.nasa.gov/
- The National Center for Atmospheric Research http://ncar.ucar.edu
- The National Snow and Ice Data Center http://nsidc.org/
- Oregon Health Sciences University Library (on behalf of the OHSU campus) http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/education/library/
- Oregon State University Libraries (on behalf of the OSU campus) http://osulibrary.oregonstate.edu/
- PeerJ Inc. https://peerj.com/
- Qualitative Data Repository, CQRM http://www.maxwell.syr.edu/moynihan/cqrm/About_CQRM/
- Rolling Deck to Repository (R2R) Program http://www.rvdata.us/
- Rutgers University Libraries http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/
- UNAVCO http://www.unavco.org/
- Université Claude Bernard Lyon Library http://www.univ-lyon1.fr/
- University of Massachusetts Amherst Libraries (on behalf of the UMass Amherst campus)
- University of Oregon Libraries (on behalf of the UO campus) http://libweb.uoregon.edu/
- University of Utah Library (on behalf of the entire University of Utah campus)
- University of Washington Libraries http://www.lib.washington.edu/
- USGS/Earth Sciences Data Clearinghouse (formerly National Biological Info. Infrastructure)
- Washington State University Libraries (on behalf of the WSU campus) http://www.wsulibs.wsu.edu/
EZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
EZID Service Manager
EZID Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
More information about EZID is available by sending an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. See also EZID outreach and webinars: (http://n2t.net/ezid/home/outreach).
Service Monitoring and Availability
Since June 25, 2010, EZID has had an uptime performance 99.9%. Check the EZID system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.