Second position for Principal Metadata Analyst at CDL
Job Opportunity at the California Digital Library (CDL):
Be part of a metadata team shaping the future of discovery & delivery.
Position: Principal Metadata Analyst (2 positions: 1 filled, 1 open)
You are an experienced metadata analyst. You have the ability to understand how metadata is mapped and transformed as it travels between discovery, delivery and decision support systems. You are deeply and creatively engaged with the digital library domain and eager to work in a collegial and collaborative environment like the CDL. You want to work on:
- Collaborative projects with partners such as HathiTrust and other digital libraries
- Next Gen Melvyl WorldCat Local Project
- Emerging Shared Print initiatives
- Development of local, national and international metadata standards
We are the California Digital Library’s Discovery & Delivery Team. We’re planning and building the next generation of library services even as we make our existing systems better. We need you to help us make it happen. Read more about what we do and our strategic goals for the Discovery & Delivery Team on the CDL website.
- Degree in information management/science, or a related field
- Experience in recommending, designing and implementing metadata schemes for digital library projects.
- Experience with MARC, Dublin Core, METS and others.
- Experience in the transformation of XML documents using XSLT.
Get details and apply here: UCOP job website (requisition 20100357) https://jobs.ucop.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=53922