IOP Journals Platform Change
By Sue Koskinen (UCB), IOP Resource Liaison
Beginning Tuesday, March 2, 2010, the IOP Publishing journals, which UC licenses, are now accessed via the IOPscience <http://iopscience.iop.org/> platform. This new system provides users with advanced functionality, new features and a clean, user-friendly interface.
All sites access the same content, and license agreements have not changed. The IOPscience <http://iopscience.iop.org/> platform is just a superior way of displaying the content to which UC currently has access.
Redirects have been put in place so that researchers attempting to access an article from the www.iop.org platform are automatically sent to the equivalent page in IOPscience. Bookmarks will also be automatically redirected.
With IOPscience users can:
- Speed up research: find relevant content quickly with enhanced search filtering
- Save time: re-run previous searches, tagging your favorite articles
- Keep up to date: receive RSS feeds and email alerts when new content is published
- Access more content: view articles plus pre-prints and news
- Interact and share: embrace social bookmarking to share articles
- Discover related research: explore relevant articles based on subject classification codes
- Make it personal: customize alerts, save articles of interest, and view newly published articles within subject areas
The transition was seamless and subscribers are able to access and browse all content in the usual way. IOP has transferred all user accounts to IOPscience, as well as any Table of Contents alerts that users may have set up.
Visit http://iopscience.iop.org/info to learn out more about IOPscience and take a free online tour.