Merritt Service Update – August 2012
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- public access to designated collections and objects
- integration with the CDL-developed eXtensible Text Framework (XTF), allowing for depositors to create tailored portals to designated public access collections
- streamlining of the Merritt administrative and submission interface
- support for Dublin Core XML metadata records, and
- support for click-through use agreements for designated public access collections.We hosted a webinar on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 to highlight a number of new enhancements now in production:
- We have been experiencing slow response times in the past few weeks, and occasionally the system has been unavailable as a result. We apologize for the inconvenience. In response to these problems, we have been implementing a number of upgrades to Merritt’s core infrastructure, to further optimize indexing and search/browse processes. We are also optimizing processes to support downloading of large objects. These upgrades should be available in the next few weeks and response times should improve noticeably as a result.
- Additional work in progress is summarized on our UC3 Curation Wiki:
Merritt Service Description
Merritt is a production level service that provides the UC community with an easy to use tool to manage, archive, and share their content. Content can be deposited and managed via a user-interface or an API.
Merritt Service Managers
Merritt Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check Merritt’s system status page http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html