Campus Allocations & JACS
The JACS volumes accessioned into the RLF shared print archives are charged against campus allocations; volumes discarded through the De-Duplication Service are not charged to campus allocations. The RLFs will provide quarterly reports to the campuses (provided below).
RLF Allocation Usage Reports, JACS and other deposits
The RLFs track a variety of statistics for shared print archiving, many of which will be used to assess the JACS and De-Duplication Service.
JACS statistics being tracked includes:
- Number of titles archived
- Number of volumes received at RLFs
- Number of volumes added (tracked at the campus level)
- Number of duplicates discarded (tracked at the campus level)
- Staff/student hours and costs spent on archiving effort
- Staff/student hours and costs spent on deduplication effort
- Actual costs for recycling service and transportation
- Capacity to expand number of titles, number of volumes archived in future years
- Space reclamation (as reported by the campuses)