The University of California Libraries’ Collection Development Committee charged a working group to develop a major bibliographer review of UC’s 2011- 2012 licensed journals. The CDC Licensing Process Working Group is composed of Bernie Hurley (UCB), Lorelei Tanji ( UCI), Martha Hruska (UCSD), Julia Kochi (UCSF), Ivy Anderson (CDL, Chair), Jacqueline Wilson (CDL), Wendy Parfrey (CDL) and Chan Li (CDL).The results of this review will be used to prepare for major journal publisher negotiations for 2013.
This project has three major objectives which are explained in detail in the CDC Journal Evaluation Project Plan and Timeline. The goals are to:
- Explore and develop a ‘holistic’ process for evaluating journal packages
- Increase confidence in the CDL value algorithm and resulting value assignments through alignment to UC user communities and programmatic needs
- Achieve consensus regarding how to treat both core and non-core journals in systemwide licenses
A journal evaluation project team will be participating in both Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the project. Phase 1 is scheduled for October 2011 – January 2012. Phase 2 is scheduled for February 2012 – March 2013. Each participant will be in whole team discussions and activities as well as subject specific group discussions and activities. Merced has decided not to participate in this project and not every campus will participate in each subject group.
- UC Median Values by Subject
- Value Ranking Spreadsheet Data Dictionary
- CDC Journal Evaluation Project Subject Classification 2011-2012
- CDC Journal Evaluation Project 2011-2012: Faculty and Staff Talking Points
- CDL Weighted Value Algorithm Methodology
- UC Value Based Pricing Strategy
- Bibliographer Groups Chairs and Liaison
- Collection Development Framework