Assisted Tier 3 acquisitions are local campus purchases that are related to Tier 1 licenses signed by CDL. Campuses might be able to make local purchases based on an existing Tier 1 license, rather than signing original contracts. Those local purchases are covered under the same rights and restrictions as the contract terms of the Tier 1 license, and are handled through amendments called Assisted Tier 3. Here are the steps to follow.
- Check if there is a pre-negotiated discount for local purchases listed on this page.
- Contact the sales representative directly for campus pricing and discounts since not all available local discounts or time-sensitive pricing promotions are listed. Contact the Licensed Content Coordinator (vacant, interim contact Lisa Mackinder ) if you do not know who the current sales representative is.
- Negotiate pricing, content, and other terms with the sales representative.
- Ask the sales representative for a license addendum that will be attached to and reference the existing CDL Tier 1 license.
- Verify the pricing, content and other contractual terms once you receive the draft addendum. Correct any errors.
- Send the final, verified license addendum to the Assistant Director of Systemwide Licensing (vacant, Interim Lisa Mackinder). CDL will sign the addendum and obtain the countersigned version from the vendor for campus and CDL record.
- Arrange for local invoicing and payment directly with the vendor, and campus-level cataloging and Alma activation.
- Sign the addendum once the campus selector or acquisition liaison has verified the accuracy of the license addendum.
- Obtain a counter-signed license from the vendor.
- Record the signed license addendum, save/store it in a secure location, create a redacted version, use OCR so that texts can be electronically searched, and post the redacted license on the CDL website.