If you have any questions not answered here, please contact UC Interlibrary Loan Services at your campus.
- Create a New ILL Request
- View My Requests
- Start Over
- Change the Record Display
- Sort My Requests
- Find a Description of the ILL Status
- My request has not been filled, but it has disappeared from My ILL Requests
- Cancel My Request
- Renew My Request
- View My Document
- Find Information About ILL Services on My Campus
- Correcting My Records
- Send Feedback About My ILL Requests
- Understanding the Notes at the Bottom of the Page
You do not need to have an on-campus IP to access My ILL Requests. There is no need to use your campus’s off-campus access mechanism.
- Enter your library card/account number.
- Choose your home campus
- Hit ENTER on your keyboard or click on the LOGIN Button
Create a New ILL Request
- Use one of the SEARCH options on the My ILL Requests page to create a new ILL request.
- If you do not have a complete citation, search for the item in Melvyl.
- If you have a complete citation, use Citation Linker to create your ILL Request.
View My Requests
Once you have signed-in to My ILL Requests, your Requests will appear on the screen. After 15 minutes of inactivity, your session will automatically end. You will need to login again to use My ILL Requests.
Click the Restart link. You will need to sign-in again. Any changes you have made to the sort options will be lost.
Change the Record Display
- Requests Displayed Per Page: My ILL Requests automatically displays 10 items per page. You can use the menu next to the Records per page label to change the number of items. The options are 5, 10, 15, or 20 records per page.
- Show Everything: Click the checkbox to see all your active ILL requests, plus ILL items you have returned in the past 60 days.
Sort My Requests
|I Want to See||Choose|
|Earliest Due Date First||Due date|
|Oldest Requests First||ILL No (low to high)|
|Most Recent Requests First||ILL Number (high to low)|
|Alphabetically By Author Last Name||Author|
|Alphabetically By Title||Title|
Find a Description of the ILL Status
The ILL Status list has been expanded to show the progress of the request in the ILL system. The default display shows the following ILL Statuses:
|Error: check with ILL staff||There is a problem with this request. Your ILL staff is working on it. Please contact UC Interlibrary Loan Services at your campus for questions.|
|Lost: check with ILL staff||This ILL item have been declared lost. Please contact UC Interlibrary Loan Services at your campus for more information.|
|Overdue||The lending library has informed your Interlibrary Library loan department this ILL is overdue.|
|PDF Received||Article has been received. Please view the PDF via the link provided in MyILL.|
|Received||The item has been received at the borrowing library|
|Renewal Requested||The borrowing library has asked the lending library to renew the item.|
|Recalled by lender||The item is needed by the lending library so it has been recalled.|
|Returned to Lender||The item has been shipped back to the lending library.|
|Shipped from lender||The lending library has shipped item to your library that has not yet been received.|
|Unknown: check with ILL staff||There is a problem with this request. Your ILL staff is working on it. Please contact UC Interlibrary Loan Services at your campus for more information.|
|Waiting for a lender to reply||The ILL request has been sent to potential lenders and is waiting on their reply.|
If you choose the “Show Everything” option: In addition to the above ILL statuses, you will see items with a CANCELLED, COMPLETED, or a PENDING status. Requests with a COMPLETED status will remain on your requests list for 60 days from the date of completion. Requests with a PENDING status are still active.
My request has not been filled, but it has disappeared from My ILL Requests
- Requests may temporarily disappear from the default My ILL Requests list if they require attention from the campus ILL staff. You can see items in this state by checking the “Show Everything” box and redisplaying your ILL items. The ILL Status will be Pending. Requests with a PENDING status are still active.
- When you choose “Show Everything” you will also see items with a CANCELLED, or COMPLETED,. Requests with a COMPLETED status will remain on your requests list for 60 days from the date of completion.
Cancel My Request
Click on the CANCEL link to stop your ILL transaction.
Note: this link will only appear if the item can be cancelled. For example, it will not appear if the item has been shipped to your library. If you want to cancel an item and the link does not appear, please contact UC Interlibrary Loan Services at your campus.
Renew My Request
- Click on the RENEW link to send a message to your home library asking to renew the item. The RENEW link only appears if the item is eligible for renewal. If the item is Overdue or the lending library has indicated the book may not be renewed, the RENEW link will not appear.
View My Document
Documents appear as hyperlinks in My ILL Requests; simply click the link to view your document. Documents are available for 30 days after the date the email notifications is sent.
Some documents do not display in My ILL Requests for technical reasons. If this happens, your library will email you, supplying a link to the document and a User ID and Password to use for accessing the document. Click the link, then enter your User ID and Password.
Find Information About ILL Services on My Campus
Please visit your campus’s UC Interlibrary Loan Services page for more information about ILL services at your campus.
Correcting My Records
If you have questions about the status of an ILL item as shown in My ILL Requests, and the list of ILL Status Descriptions does not address your situation, (for example, you returned a book several months ago but it still has a renew option in My ILL Requests), please contact your home campus UC Interlibrary Loan Services.
Send Feedback About My ILL Requests
Tell us what you like about My ILL Requests, suggest improvements, or report problems. We’d like to hear from you. Send us your feedback.
Understanding the Notes at the Bottom of the Page
You may see some strange-looking notes at the bottom of the page. These notes are for the benefit of library staff that is processing your request. You don’t have to worry about them.