The Resource Sharing team at CDL is committed to meeting the needs of the staff of the campus ILL units.
1. Open Communication
We provide several avenues to ensure open communication.
- Leadership of the CDL ILL Operations Team, a CDL advisory group representing each type of ILS and the RLFs.
- Participation in the ILL Common Knowledge Group.
- Ownership of the ResourceSharingHelp@cdlib.org inbox.
- Ownership of the email@example.com inbox.
- Ownership of the CDL Resource Sharing website. This contains contact information and useful tools such as how-to instructions, training documents, and recorded webinars.
- Periodic visits to campus ILL units.
2. Problem Resolution
We provide a clear set of expectations for resolution of ILL unit problems.
- We provide a simple way to report problems: email ResourceSharingHelp@cdlib.org
- Upon receipt of your email, an issue is created in our customer support tracking system, Planio.
- We provide an immediate (automatic) acknowledgement of the problem via our Planio tracking system.
- Followup emails automatically update the Planio issue.
- If a user reports a problem or poses a question to an individual on our team which cannot immediately be answered by the recipient, we direct them to re-post their query to ResourceSharingHelp@cdlib.org so the entire technical team can provide a quick and effective response.
- We evaluate each ticket and look at breadth, severity, and urgency (as identified by the customer). We’ll label it high if we believe it has a major impact; low if we believe the impact is smaller in scope.
- We explain the technical problem and its context.
- If we determine not to resolve the problem immediately, we let the respondent know that CDL has estimated the effort needed to solve the problem and where it is on the priority list. We give a realistic time frame.
- If we determine not to make the requested feature change, we have an honest conversation about the reason.
We provide a clear path to allow escalation for problems that are not resolved to the user’s satisfaction.
- We provide a single point of contact for escalations of trouble tickets: ResourceSharingHelp@cdlib.org.
- If users are not satisfied with the response to the trouble ticket, we encourage them to escalate their concerns to the Product Manager.
- We make available the names and email addresses of everyone on the Resource Sharing team on our CDL website.
4. System Maintenance
We maintain stable systems with high availability and performance.
- We schedule standard maintenance for low-use hours.
- We carefully monitor our own (in-house) systems, both for performance and availability.
- We carefully monitor vendor performance and build relationships with the vendor to ensure our needs are well served.
- We regularly upgrade vendor software to ensure it is current.
- We keep our operating environment up to date in support of the current supportable hardware and software and to keep the systems secure.
- We continually follow new and emerging trends for both ILL software and ILL workflow processing.