This feature allows you to find full text articles associated with your bibliographic records. When using Find Full Text for the first time you need to add the OpenURL path.
- From the Edit menu in your Endnote library, choose Preferences.
- Select the Find Full Text panel.
- Select the OpenURL Path: box, type in http://ucelinks.cdlib.org:8888/sfx_local.
- You can leave the Authenticate with: URL box blank if you are working on-campus. Click OK.
- If you are working off-campus insert this url = [check with off-campus access support staff] in the Authenticate with: URL box.
To use, select required references, go to References > Find Full Text. If a PDF is found it will automatically be attached to the reference along with the PDF URL. You will find that the success rate when using this is function off-campus is much lower than on-campus.
This search can work in the background, so you could continue working in your library. Depending on the results, you may see one of the outcomes below: