Christine Kim Staff Profile
Program / Service
Publishing, Archives, and Digitization
Product Manager, Archives
Christine Kim (she/her) is the Online Archive of California (OAC)/Calisphere Service and Outreach Manager. In this role, she supports the OAC and Calisphere — two services that provide broad, public access to digital collections contributed by libraries, archives, museums, and other cultural heritage organizations throughout California — and engages with contributors and users to enhance the resources and services for these two platforms. Christine also supports collection management tools hosted by the CDL (UC DAMS and ArchivesSpace), for use by the UC Libraries to steward unique collections.
- M.L.I.S., San José State University
- B.A., Film and Media Studies, History, UC Irvine
Prior to her current role at the CDL, Christine was responsible for coordinating community engagement for ArchivesSpace, an open source application used to manage and describe archival collection material. She also served as an outreach coordinator and archives processor at the UC Irvine Libraries, Special Collections & Archives, and as a research librarian at a law firm.
Committees / Affiliations
- ArchivesSpace, Training Corps (2017-present)
- Digital Library Federation, Cultural Assessment Working Group, Inclusive Metadata Task Force: Member (2019-present)
- Society of California Archivists, Board: Secretary (2021-2023)
- Society of California Archivists, Education Committee: Vice Chair for Online Education (2018-2021); Member (2018-present)
- Society of California Archivists, Awards Committee: Member (2019-present)