The UC-eLinks team at CDL is committed to meeting the needs of the campus UC-eLinks Liaisons.
1. Open Communication
We provide several avenues to ensure open communication.
- Sponsorship of and participation in the UC-eLinks Liaisons community listserv, LINK-L.
- We encourage discussion among the group via LINK-L listserv.
- Ownership of the CDL UC-eLinks website. This contains contact information, how-to instructions, documentation, policies, and usage statistics.
- Training as needed.
2. Problem Resolution
We provide a clear set of expectations for resolution of UC-eLinks problems.
For link resolution problems:
- We provide a single point of contact for problem reporting, the Report a Problem option in the UC-eLinks menu window. (This form automatically captures the user’s context to assist CDL in responding to the problem.)
- We attempt to respond fully so that our respondents do not have to ask multiple questions to get their issues resolved.
For inaccuracies with holdings (title, coverage dates, etc.) related to the SFX knowledgebase:
- Contact Ex Libris directly using the Ex Libris form available in the SFX Admin Interface.
For SFX administrative problems:
- Contact the UC-eLinks team at email@example.com.
We define a critical issue as one that does any of the following:
- Makes unavailable a system required to do necessary work
- Makes unusable a system required to do necessary work (with no workaround)
- Jeopardizes the integrity of the data
- Causes system instability.
3. System Maintenance
We maintain stable systems with high availability and performance.
- We schedule standard maintenance for low-use hours.
- For large scale maintenance: 12:01 a.m. to 8 a.m. Saturday and 12:01 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Sunday.
- We carefully monitor our own (in-house) systems, both for performance and availability.
- We regularly upgrade vendor software to ensure it is current.
- We keep our operating environment up to date in support of the current supportable hardware and software and to keep the systems secure.