When campuses add databases to UC-eLinks, all databases will be activated in the CDL instance of UC-eLinks with the same base set of services. This set is currently getDocumentDelivery, getFullTxt, getHoldings, getReference, and getWebServices. A full list of services is available on the UC-eLinks Functionality page.
- Databases are in alignment with the A&I customization principles.
- Problem solving will be easier if the same base-URL and icon URL are used by all of the vendors.
- Account set up and maintenance will be easier for vendors which have both CDL and campus licensed databases.
Activating a database in the CDL instance of UC-eLinks:
- Campus will contact the vendor and confirm that the database supports OpenURLs if the CDL doesn’t already have a relationship with the vendor.
- The campus will request a test account so the quality of the OpenURLs can be evaluated.
- The CDL will activate the source in the test instance of UC-eLinks with the base set of services.
- The campus will work with the vendor if enhancements are needed in the OpenURLs to improve the quality (and quantity) of services offered by UC-eLinks. The CDL will provide the campuses with testing guidelines.
- The campus will ask the vendor to move the OpenURL set up to the production account.
- The CDL will activate the source in the production instance of UC-eLinks with the base set of services.
- The CDL is available for consultation during all phases of the process. Contact the UC-eLinks team.