Lena Zentall Staff Profile
Program / Service
Discovery & Delivery
Manager of Discovery & Delivery Product Team
Lena manages and coordinates the work of the Discovery & Delivery product managers and metadata analysts from an operational perspective to ensure the continued delivery of high-quality services and project outcomes, the ability to grow these services in accordance with CDL strategic objectives, and the capacity to respond to new opportunities and systemwide mandates.
Currently, Lena is serving as co-project manager on the Systemwide ILS (SILS) project, a multi-phase project spanning five years.
Kress Fellow in Art Librarianship, Yale University
MLIS, San Jose State University
B.A., History of Art, UC Berkeley
Lena joined the CDL in 2002 as an analyst and user experience designer. From 2006 to 2008 Lena led UC Shared Images, a collaborative program for building an aggregated image collection across the University of California for classroom instruction. In 2008, Lena became a project and product manager in the Discovery & Delivery group leading strategic planning and management of core library services. She assumed management of the product team in 2015. Prior to joining CDL, Lena managed operations in industries including software, biotech, nonprofit, and corporate. She reinvented her career by earning a master’s degree in Library & Information Science while working full-time. Her first job after graduating was riding the dotcom wave as an information architect and user experience designer in the early 2000’s.
- Designing and Leading Change Intensive (The Grove Consultants International)
- Visual Facilitation for Project Managers (The Grove Consultants International)
- Team Performance (The Grove Consultants International)
- Data Visualization (UC Berkeley Advanced Media Institute)
- Business Negotiation (UC Berkeley Extension)
- Agile Management (UC Berkeley Extension)
- Facilitation Training Workshop on Participatory Decision-Making with Sam Kaner (Community at Work)
- Strategic planning
- Change management
- Process improvement
- Project management
- Program management
- Product management
- Data visualization & design