DMPTool Service Update: November 2016
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Bug fixes and enhancements: Our development efforts are mostly trained on the new Roadmap platform, however, there were a few DMPTool things that deserved attention this month. Institutional admins will notice improvements for assigning admin roles and a *very* rough prototype metrics dashboard (details on the blog). We invite any and all feedback!
- Themes: We’re almost done synthesizing your excellent (international) feedback on the revised set of themes for DMP templates and guidance (details on the blog). We’ll circulate a slightly revised final set of themes in the coming weeks; these themes will be implemented in the next version of the tool. We’re also coordinating with a Data Documentation Initiative working group that’s exploring a more granular DMP vocabulary—more news as things develop on that front.
- Roadmap update. The UC3-DCC team is forging along with codevelopment. You can track our progress and learn more about the project as we continue adding documentation to the GitHub wiki. Last month’s progress report is available here, and another is just on the horizon.
- Machine-actionable DMPs. We discussed use cases for persistent identifiers in DMPs at PIDapalooza (slides here, pardon the music puns) and are now busy convening an international posse at IDCC 2017 in Edinburgh (20-23 Feb) to help us plan for a DMP utopia of the future (workshop details).
There are now 199 participating institutions that have either configured their campus single sign-on or customized the DMPTool for their users. Welcome to the following new institutions:
University of Denver
Florida Atlantic University
Sam Houston State University
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
DMPTool Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
DMPTool Service Managers
Connect with the DMPTool
- Please contact us with any questions or general correspondence (Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact)
- Get status updates via the DMPTool blog
- Read more about the code, the project, and contributing to development on the DMPTool GitHub site
- Log enhancements or bugs in the DMPTool GitHub Issue Tracker
- Check out our DMPTool Twitter account
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html